PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency Program
Adventist HealthCare is dedicated to advancing the careers of pharmacists through the PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program at Shady Grove Medical Center. The program teaches the skills that professionals need to grow as independent pharmacy practitioners and work in various environments.
Residents will be integral members of Shady Grove’s multi-disciplinary health care team, responsible for drug-therapy outcomes. They will be able to teach other professionals and patients about medications, and will shape a plan for their personal professional development. Pharmacists completing this program will be capable of conducting their practice with a high level of maturity and leadership, and be able to perform practice-related research.
Our PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency is designed to meet the requirements of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). The program is approved by ASHP in pre-candidate status and currently undergoing the pre-accreditation process.
Following an orientation, participants will complete these required rotations:
- Critical Care
- Adult Internal Medicine
- Pediatric and NICU
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Clinical Informatics
- Palliative Care
- Transition of Care
- Research Project
- Medication Safety/Medication Usage Evaluation
- Journal Club
- Every other weekend in addition to clinical duties
- Staffing in central pharmacy one weekday evening (8-hour shift) every other week
- ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting
- Eastern States Residency Conference
- Teaching Certificate Program (University of Maryland School of Pharmacy)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
We accept applications only through PhORCAS (http://www.ashp.org/phorcas). Applications should include a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, transcripts from school or college of pharmacy attended and three references.
The application deadline is Jan. 6, 2018.