Adventist HealthCare promotes the growth of professional nursing practice. Your journey from advanced beginner nurse to competent professional is supported through our yearlong residency program. It is another way that we advocate for nurses as informed contributors who have the opportunity to make a lasting impact within our organization.
Our Nurse Residency program, designed for new BSN graduates, prepares you to be successful as a full partner on our health care team. This program provides a structured and progressive series of experiences to empower you to function autonomously within your nursing specialty. It also provides a platform for continued professional development. This innovative opportunity includes individualized learning, mentorship and peer support, leadership concepts, and heightened visibility within the Adventist HealthCare System.
Upon completion of the Nurse Residency Program, you will have the knowledge and ability to:
- Develop effective decision making skills related to clinical judgment and performance
- Provide clinical nursing leadership at the point of care
- Incorporate research based evidence linked to practice outcomes into patient care
- Thrive in a fast-paced, academic medical center environment
The Nurse Residency at Adventist HealthCare participates in the UHC/AACN Post-Baccalaureate Nurse Residency Program™ curriculum, which utilizes Patricia Benner’s well-known theoretical framework from her book From Novice to Expert: Excellence and Power in Clinical Nursing Practice. The program includes an emphasis on:
- Levels of nursing expertise
- Value of experience in growing nursing competencies
- Decision-making from a holistic viewpoint
- Analytical thinking that leads to intuitive understanding
As a Nurse Resident, you will receive a full salary and an excellent benefits package, as well as dedicated preceptors and faculty for guidance and support throughout the program.